Excellent article on smoking marijuana and sport.
Psoriasis-if you don’t have it but know someone who does. Find out
Guilty as charged
I lived in Toronto during the winter of 2005/2006 and remember seeing, for the first time a homeless person sleeping on the steam vent while well heel businessmen/women stepped over them on their way to work on Bay street.
My walk home from work near the Eaton Center to Casa Loma often took me up Spadina where some of the less well heeled member of the community would congregate. My best idea at the time was to take some of these cats out for dinner. There was this one fellow who rode a bike around with only one leg. His story wasn’t much different than those of other people I know who are having a tough go at life but once he found himself homeless things got very bad fast.
There is no reason we can’t house everyone in the rich cities of the world. Homelesness in Toronto is an embarsament. Good to see some movement in the right direction there.
Ever since Pluto lost it’s planeatry status in 2006, the solar system has not been the same . Getting kicked out of ones galactic community has gotta hurt. There is a new hope, not for reinstatement for our rocky icy companion but at least the recognition Pluto deserves in this dog eat dog world.
Behold the New Horizon
Nasa and the worlds heartfelt acknowledgement of our cold hard k9 companion
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
my uncle Ben
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
fame does not interest me
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
Yes. So I can best communicate what my intentions are.
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
Any day surrounded by undisturbed nature
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
To myself today, To someone else today.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
Body a 90 year old mind can still beamazing but a 90 year old body doesnt hold a candle to a 30 year old’s.
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
A love of science, the universe and kindness.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
to have been born into this crazy universe.
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
watch for the movie
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
the ability to pacify the warring peoples of the world.
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
What are the winning numbers to this week’s lotto jackpot!
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
more sculpture, I dont have space to do so and I fear that I will lose interest like the dream is better than the reality
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
having built confidence in people i have taught/mentored
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
standing under the green corrugated fiberglass roof by the garade with my Father
18. What is your most terrible memory?
Sleeping in the garage when I ran away.
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
Yes I would stop working and spend more time in Nature
20. What does friendship mean to you?
friendship is unconditional love
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I am lucky to have both they are calming and wonderful
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
My childhood seemed luke warm but part of me believes that compared to the rest it was luke cold. I would say on the lower side of happy but ok.
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
getting better all the time.
25. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling … “
we make a great team
we are very respectful of each other
we are in love
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share … “
my idiosincracies with
27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
that I have a skin disorder named psoriasis and that it is not contagious.
28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
the day I jumped off the snowbank drunk and said “watch this” and broke my leg.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
2 days ago it was my Fathers birthday, he has been dead for 21 years
31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
about this blog, if I had told people I wouldnt feel comfortable writing so freely
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
my Moms, because she is my mom.
36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
working too much for too little
Now I understand
That life can control itself
Suggestion is key
There is comfort in your Oasis. I guess this is the yin to todays yang.
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Oasis.”